Life is getting busier and our calendar for December is filling up fast. Even when we are busy, we always live a thrifty life. I guess being thrifty is just second nature for us.
Here's what we did this week to save money -
* Gratefully received a pineapple and butternut pumpkin from Jessica. Her and her flatmate buy a fruit and veggie box from the Prahran Market every couple of weeks and couldn't use it all. It was a good swap considering I gave them some potatoes from our garden a few weeks before.
* Picked more mandarins from Megan's tree. We can't eat them quick enough and she still has truckloads on the tree.
* Picked silverbeet from our garden.
* Polished four boxes of silverware as a job for a friend.
* I'm attempting to grow a pineapple top from the pineapple Jessica gave us.
* Filled up our cars with petrol just before the price went up to $1.91 per litre.
* Saved the shower warm up water, washing machine water and drink bottle water. We reused the water around our home and garden where needed.
* Ate leftovers from the freezer a couple of nights this week. I try to organise leftovers on days that Darren and I have had big cleaning jobs.
* Written out next year's gift / present budget. I've revised and reduced the budget to a dollar amount that Darren and I are comfortable with.
* Fed the compost bins and worm farm with kitchen scraps. The chickens were given garden snails every few days as well as grass clippings to scratch around in.
* Planted more corn seeds ( kernels ) and bean seeds now that the weather is slightly warmer.
|From the garden|
|Luka and Bryson having fun at our place|
|Teaching Luka to hang washing on a clothes horse.|