Here's what else we got up to this week -
* Cut the dish washer tablets in half. They still wash the dishes really well. Most of these tablets came from accommodation we've staying in over the years. Some were also samples and the rest came from Megan. I still use the Aldi powder for dishes that don't have baked on food.
* Used old bread bags as bin liners in the bathrooms.
* Bought brand new Spot and Pepper Pig Easter books for $1 each from a local op shop. They will be put away as presents for our grandbabies next year.
* Megan diluted her fabric softener by 50%. She'd saved an empty bottle and halved the mixture.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* Purchased a few brand new DVD's from a local op shop. They have been put away for Christmas and birthday presents.
* Diluted a bottle of laundry stain remover by 50% that was given to us. It still works fantastically.
* Made butter from cream I'd purchased on clearance and froze a few moths ago.
* Diluted a bottle of Windex window cleaner. I don't use it but other family members do. I'd already diluted it about a year ago but saw the bottle was getting a little low. I'm sure no one will notice what I've done.
* Fed the compost bins with kitchen scraps.
* Mended a coat.
* Made up a jar of homemade gravy powder mix using pantry staples.
* Processed the rosemary I'd hung up to dry a couple of months ago. I run my fingers down the sprigs to get all the leaves off. This is done over a large deep bowl to prevent the mess it usually makes. Then I give it a quick whizz in the coffee grinder until it's a coarse powder. This helps it to stick to veggies I roast.
* Made up a jar of French onion soup mix using a few store bought packets and pantry staples to stretch the mix out.
|Making my own mixes and herbs.|
|Dish washer tablets cut in half.|