It was lovely to spend a couple of days at home this week just pottering around. Lots of little jobs and a bit of tidying needed my attention after our upside down life of the last few months. Over the last few weeks my spare time was used to look after my family and their needs.
Here's my latest frugal list -
* Jessica baked and decorated her own birthday cake. Like her mum, she's not a fan of store bought cakes. After doing some research, she made a biscuit cake that was delicious. There was lots of dough leftover so I froze it for future baking.
* Filled up our cars just before the petrol price went up.
* Saved the shower warm up water, washing machine rinse water and kitchen water to reuse where possible.
* We had the need to buy a baby car seat for car rides with Luka ( and future grandchildren ). The one I liked the best happened to be on sale that week. The sales person said they sold many of that particular seat due to it's features and budget friendly price. A couple of days later Megan had gastro and Darren made a dash to Megan's at 4am to bring Luka back to our place while Megan recovered.
* Baked a batch of ANZAC biscuits using dough from the freezer when visitors came to see Luka ( while he was staying with us ).
* Lined our bathroom bins using recycled bread bags.
* Cut the top off a conditioner bottle and vitamin E bottle and scraped out the remaining contents. There was enough for another 4 - 5 days.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness. I costed these loaves a few years ago at about $1.60 for two loaves. Similar loaves would retail for $4 - 45 each
* Defrosted our little freezer and did a stocktake of the meat in there. I used boiling water in plastic containers on the shelves to defrost the freezer. Once the water cooled I poured it into the washing machine.
* Froze the remaining contents of a jar of tomato paste into an icecube tray and froze for future use.
* Megan did a clean out of her wardrobe and gave the clothes to me to donate to Savers. So far I've received three discount stamps for her future purchases.
|Jessica's birthday cake|
|Scraping out the contents|
|Freezing tomato paste to avoid waste,|
|Nana and Luka watching tv together.|
Do you like to potter around your home ?
How frugal were you this week ?