Following on from the previous posts about sparing 1 or 5 minutes to save money, here are more great ways to save. Some of these tips could save you hundreds of dollars.
Can you spare 10 minutes to -
* Make a years worth of laundry powder. This tips could save you big $$$
* Whip up muffin batter and pop them in the oven. Cheap, easy and tasty treats for lunchboxes and snacks.
* Hang the washing on the line instead of using the dryer. Your clothes will last longer and smell fresher too.
* Put some meat, veggies and liquid in the slow cooker after breakfast for an easy dinner.
* Turn your bread crusts into bread crumbs ( fresh, dried or seasoned ).
* Wipe and organise your fridge. Put the hidden things to the front to use or freeze.
* Save your washing machine final rinse water into a large bucket. Pour it back into the machine for the next load or use it on the garden to water your plants ( not on the veggie garden ).
* Write a Christmas list before you go shopping. Don't forget to include a budgeted amount and ideas of each person.
* Write a grocery shopping list before you go shopping. Write how many of each item in needed and in order of where it is in the store.
* Cook a double amount of food for dinner and freeze the leftovers. This saves on power usage and gives you a spare meal in the freezer for busy days. Save even more if you eat too much takeaway.