* Cooked meat pies, spag bol sauce ( with hidden veggies, linseed meal and oat bran ), garlic and herb breads,for Megan and Kurt's freezer. Not a saving for me but a time, money and sanity saver for them
* Used old bread bags to line our bathroom bins.
* After making a big pot of spag bol sauce I spooned the remaining tomato paste into an ice cube tray to freeze.
* Sold one dozen eggs.
* Fed the compost bin every few days with kitchen scraps.
* Dried all our washing on the line and clothes horses.
* Saved the shower warm up water and washing machine rinse water to reuse where possible.
* Saved a few gift bags and ribbons from baby presents. Megan is also saving gift bags to reuse in the future.
* Picked a few raspberries and froze them. It hasn't been a great season this year. I did manage to make a few jars of jam a couple of weeks ago. I still have enough raspberries frozen to make muffins later in the year.
* Cooked all meals from scratch with one exception. The night after Luka was born, Darren and I were on a mercy mission to grab some clothes and bedding for Kurt to sleep at the hospital t( to help look after Megan ). Both Darren and I had been out ALL day. We were racing against the clock to get to the hospital before visiting hours were up. The easiest option was to get Subway just down the road from our place.
* Baked Anzac biscuits for Megan using dough I had in the freezer. She rang me about 7.30am from the hospital, 14 hours after Luka was born requesting my Anzac biscuits to snack on.
* Ate freezer meals a couple of nights. We also gave Kurt a few freezer meals to eat at the hospital to save a bit of money. Our freezer meal stockpile has just about run out so we'll be making a point of building it up again ASAP.
* Refilled the foaming hand wash pumps here and at Megan and Kurt's place using diluted shower gel.
|Early morning Anzacs for Megan|
|From our garden|
|Making garlic / herb bread|