* Made pumpkin scones. They are now in the freezer for morning teas.
* Saved and recycled twelve bread bags from a charity bbq. I turned them inside out, brushed the crumbs off and pegged them to a clothes horse to dry out. They will be used as bin liners and to scoop out the kitty litter.
* Cut up a cereal box to make two more page dividers for my price book. I also cut up the cereal bag to use as go between for crumpets, hamburger patties chops and frozen soup portions. It stops things sticking together.
* Juiced a big bowl of lemons and froze the juice in ice cube trays. I then went outside and picked another bowlful. These will be juiced in a week's time.
* Found two Summer tops at Savers op shop for under $10 total.
* Gratefully accepted 5 grape fruits and a loaf of soy and linseed bread from a friend.
* Menu planned for the month. It's always a relief when it's done. Then I don't have to think about it for another 30 days or so.
* Sorted, rearranged and wiped out my pantry. I made lots of room as I start to stock up on general groceries ahead of the busy Christmas period.
* Saved water every day from the showers and poured it into the washing machine.
* Picked silverbeet and broccoli florets from the veg garden to use in meals.
* Avoided using the dryer for the fourth week in a row. Our Winter sheets are thick and take too long to dry on clotheshorses. We have been blessed with windy, warmish weather on the day we wash our sheets.
* Baked some peanut butter choc chip biscuits ( cookies ) for the cookie jar.
* Cooked all meals and snacks from scratch.
* Bought pretzels on sale for 99 cents a bag at NQR. I bought 8 bags. These will be used for class Christmas parties and other occasions leading up to Christmas.
* Did my monthly food shop and stuck to the list.
|My pantry before the sort out|
|Peanut butter choc chip biscuits ( cookies )|
|Drying the bread bags on a clothes horse|
|Pumpkin scones before bakng|
|Some of my monthly food shopping|
|Saving water from the washing machine|
|One of our chooks. Her name is Becky.|