Here's what I achieved during this crazy week -
* Cooked pie meat for four pies and froze it.
* Made three meatloaves and froze them.
* Made dried bread crumbs from some rolls that were given to me a while ago. They were rolls my family wouldn't normally eat but I saw them as a blessing and froze them until I needed bread crumbs. I then made the dried bread crumbs into seasoned bread crumbs to coat chicken drumsticks ans salmon patties.
* Picked a handful of beans and strawberries every couple of days.
* Made brown sugar.
* Washed our clothes by hand. We haven't had a washing machine plugged in since Friday last week. After Darren washed our sheets and towels at the laundromat ( costing $5 per load ) I've been washing what I can by hand.
* My girls and I had to wash our hair in the kitchen sink a couple of times when we were without a shower. When the ensuite shower was finished we had to have very quick showers as we are all sharing the bathroom while the girl's bathroom was gutted. Oh the joy.
* Kept the heater off most of the time as the tradies liked to have our front door open all day.
* Bought meat specials at Tasman Meats. For just over $80 I was able to divide it into 27 meals for the four of us. Tasman has number 9 raw chickens in twin packs for $6.99, sausages for $3.99 kg, regular mince for $3.99 kg and lamb chops for $6.99 kg. Great specials !!!!
* Sorted out the girls old school text books and advertised them for sale on the Sustainable School Shop website. I was able to pass a few down to Megan from Jessica. Some text books will be used two years running for Jessica. It looks like some folders can be cleaned and used again.
* Hand watered the vegetable seedlings. The rest of the vegetable garden was watered by God. It's such a blessing. THANKYOU !!!
* We gratefully received some blocks of cheese and a loaf of bread from a friend. God is taking care of us and we feel so blessed.
* Made fruit ice cream with frozen bananas, strawberries and a few raspberries ( store bought ). It's a great way to use up soft bananas.
* Diluted a bottle of laundry liquid by 50%.
|Honey mustard chicken made from scratch.|
|Our daisy bush is blooming|
|Ready to pick lettuce again.|
|Fruit ic cream.|
Sorry, I didn't have time to take many photos this week. Next week looks more promising.
Did you do anything frugal this week ?