* Made a batch of mango flavoured yoghurt using a packet. I'd forgotten I had one in the pantry. Megan enjoyed it on a few hot days during the week.
* Picked lettuce, tomatoes and beans to go with our meals.
* Jessica purchased her first car this week. She was able to pay for it outright because she's been working since she was 14 1/2. A lady at her work gave her a Navman she no longer needed. This is such a blessing as Jessica had it on her list of items to buy for her car.
* Gratefully received lots of scrap card and ribbon at the Cheapskates card making day last Saturday. This is a huge blessing and will save me lots of money.
* Gratefully received a bottle of lavender oil from a friend. I'm hoping to use it in my soaps in the future
* Saved the shower warm up water to keep my fruit trees hydrated during the heat.
* Made lots of cards at the card making day using really cheap materials. The next day I made another eight cards. I'm trying to get a stockpile of cards ready for when we need them throughout the year. I'll be encouraging my girls to make their own stockpile. Megan has already made one card.
* Filled up my car with petrol purchased at $1.08. I didn't have a discount docket as I'm not doing much food shopping at the moment. This was a great price.
* Used lots of bread bags as bin liners in the bathrooms.
* Made lavender room air freshener for one of the toilets
* Picked a handful or two of raspberries this week. The fruit seems to come in waves and the fruit in this batch are big and juicy. I can't wait to have enough for raspberry jam.
* Kept the cooling off as much as possible and used electric fans instead.
|A box card I made for Megan|
|From the garden|
What frugal tasks did you complete this week ?