I've tried to keep track of all the frugal things I've done this week but with everything going on here I know I've missed quite a few. Here's the list of tasks I did remember -
* Picked tomatoes, strawberries, beans, raspberries and cucumbers from our garden.
* Started saving beans seeds from our plants for next year.
* Made 14 jars of plum jam and 9 jars of raspberry jam.
* Used the electric fans when possible instead of turning the cooling on.
* Made up a couple of bottles of diluted Dynamo laundry liquid.
* Diluted the kitchen detergent when I refilled the pump bottle.
* Lined dried the washing except on the really humid days when I used the dryer for the heavier clothes ( otherwise they start to smell ).
* Froze lots of single serves of meals for future use.
* Bought petrol for $1.19 per litre. A local petrol station reopened after renovations and this was their opening sale price for a week.
* Sold lots of raspberry muffins and 1 dozen eggs.
* Received an amazing blessing of cakes, bread, zucchinis ( from 3 different people ), passionfruit, grapes, plums and squash. Thankyou so much to those who blessed us with this bounty. You've helped us more than you'll ever know.
* Darren did some painting for extra money this week. This has been a huge help for our budget.
* I only bought milk and lettuce from the supermarket. I am growing lettuce but the heat keeps knocking the plants about and they are not growing too well.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* Trimmed our grocery budget as well as other areas of our budget to help with our reduced income.
|From the garden|
|Raspberry and white choc muffins.|