We are having a new deck being built ( as I type ) under our pergola. We can't wait to have leisurely lunches and dinners out there when it's not too hot or cold.
Here's what else I've been up to -
* Packaged up 5 bars of handmade coconut and olive oil soap to give as presents. All the ribbons etc I already had on hand.
* Topped up the cars with petrol while it's cheap at $1.04per litre ( with a discount fuel docket ).
* Picked raspberries, and beans from the garden.
* Made lots of gift tags to decorate gifted glass jars for Megan's baby shower next month.. These will be used as party favours
* Kept the curtains closed on the hot days. We didn't need to turn the evap cooling on until well after lunch.
* Donated lots of goodies to Savers op shop and received a few discount stamps.
* Made yoghurt from scratch. I also bought a 1 kilo pot of natural yoghurt to use as a starter for more batches. I've portioned it into ice cube trays and should get 14 x 1 kilo batches from the one pot.
* Saved the shower warm up water to use in the washing machine and on the garden.
* Mended a top and moved some buttons on a pair of pants ( they were too loose )
* Sold a pair of new school shoes that Megan didn't get to wear.
* Dried all washing on the clothesline or clothes horses.
* Wrapped a few presents using saved plastic from bunches of flowers ( wiped down of course ).
|Handmade wrapped soaps.|
|Gift tags for baby shower|
|Using recycled plastic wrap|