In all of this busyness I found time to do the things that give me the greatest joy - looking after my family, keeping my home tidy and finding ways to make my dollars stretch a little further. I'm happy when I'm making things myself.
Here's what I did this week -
* Dried the washing on the line when possible.
* Accepted some glass jars from a friend. These will be used to make jam when the stone fruit comes on sale in Summer.
* Made three loaves of wholemeal bread for the freezer.
* Made fruit icecream with fruit that was cheap in Summer and a little bit of cream that needed using up. I had the fruit stored in containers in the freezer until I had enough to make a decent sized batch of icecream.
* Made a double batch of chocolate choc chip muffins. Some went to a family in our church whose Mum had been in hospital. The rest went into the freezer for lunchboxes.
* I did some weeding yesterday as the weather was lovely. I fed the weeds to the chooks who gratefully received them. Yes, even my chooks are grateful !!!.
* Saved water from the showers and poured it into the washing machine.
* Saved two slices of roast beef to make a chunky beef and vegie soup for tea tonight.
* Instead of filling up the dinner plates too much last night, I portioned some of the food into a container to make a freezer meal.
* We still had some corn from last year's crop in the freezer so we ate it with two of our meals.
* Picked some silverbeet to put in a chicken flan for dinner one night and as a side dish for another night.
* Cooked lots of pumpkin that was bought a few weeks ago for 69 cents a kilo. I've portioned it into containers and stored it in the freezer to make pumpkin scones at a later date.
* Made pita chips for snacks.
|Frozen fruit, cream and honey for fruit icecream|
|Ingredients ready to be wizzed in the food processor.|
|Portioning into containers for the freezer|
|Pita bread dried in the oven to make chips|
|Draining the water out of the cooked pumpkin|
|Cooked pumpkn portioned and ready to be frozen|
|Chocolate choc chip muffins|
What tasks have you completed this week that made your dollars stretch a little further ?