Here's what I got up to this week -
* Made some brown sugar .
* Made ten jars of tomato relish. Tomatoes have been cheap to buy at 99 cents a kilo so I'm trying to make the most of it. We are growing tomatoes but we are never sure how well they'll grow.
* Made eight jars of peach jam with peaches bought at $1.99 a kilo.
* Dried all the washing on the line or clothes horses.
* Ate leftovers for a lunch and dinner one night as they couldn't be frozen.
* Picked corn, tomatoes, beans, peaches and raspberries.
* Used the water from the last load of washing to water some garden plants.
* Kept the heater and cooling off all week.
* Made four meals of spag bol sauce at the same time and froze into meal sizes.
* After making the spag bol sauce, I portioned the leftover tomato paste into an ice cube tray and froze. This eliminates any waste.
* Defrosted our small freezer and sorted out all the freezers. I try to do this a few times a year so that I know what I have on hand. I only threw out some old bread and fed some to the chooks.
* Made soup with a frozen Christmas ham bone, carrots, corn and potato. I didn't think there was any meat left on the bone but the soup was enough for two main meals.
* Made a batch of double strength Miracle Spray. When I decant it into spray bottles I dilute it then.
* Mended and altered some clothes Jessica gave me.
* Made a scarf from a top I no longer wear. It's in apple green my favourite color so I couldn't donate it.
|More peach jam|
|Ham and veggie soup|
|Yellow pear tomatoes|
|Our corn is growing well.|
|Not long now and we'll have lots of raspberries.|
|Our one silver beet plant.|
|Megan's birthday cake for the extended family|
|Inside the cake. Megan loves sugar !!|
|A corner of my kitchen.|