Here are 5 more tips for using your bread bags -
* Bread bags are great for putting dirty nappies in. The bags are long enough that you can tie a knot in the top to prevent odour escaping. Although nappy bags are reasonably cheap, there's no need to buy them if you have bread bags in the house.
* Use a bread bag to put your sandwich in. After all, the bag did originally contain a loaf of bread.
* If you bake bread or rolls, use a bread bag to store your homemade bread in the freezer. I've been doing this for years and the bags can be used over and over again. My use of new freezer bags has dwindled significantly.
* Bread bags are great for coating meat in flour. For example, I like to make honey soy chicken drumsticks. I add 2 - 3 tablespoons of plain flour to a bread bag. Then I drop a couple of drumsticks in, fold the bag over a couple of times and give it a good shake. The drumsticks come out evenly coated in flour and my hands remain clean. This saves on washing a sticky, floury plate.
* Pack a couple of bread bags in your suitcase. They are perfect for storing dirty shoes..
|Homemade bread in reused bread bags. It just makes sense.|
|Bread rolls in reused pita bread bags|