Here's my latest frugal list -
* Jessica baked and decorated her own birthday cake. Like her mum, she's not a fan of store bought cakes. After doing some research, she made a biscuit cake that was delicious. There was lots of dough leftover so I froze it for future baking.
* Filled up our cars just before the petrol price went up.
* Saved the shower warm up water, washing machine rinse water and kitchen water to reuse where possible.
* We had the need to buy a baby car seat for car rides with Luka ( and future grandchildren ). The one I liked the best happened to be on sale that week. The sales person said they sold many of that particular seat due to it's features and budget friendly price. A couple of days later Megan had gastro and Darren made a dash to Megan's at 4am to bring Luka back to our place while Megan recovered.
* Baked a batch of ANZAC biscuits using dough from the freezer when visitors came to see Luka ( while he was staying with us ).
* Lined our bathroom bins using recycled bread bags.
* Cut the top off a conditioner bottle and vitamin E bottle and scraped out the remaining contents. There was enough for another 4 - 5 days.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness. I costed these loaves a few years ago at about $1.60 for two loaves. Similar loaves would retail for $4 - 45 each
* Defrosted our little freezer and did a stocktake of the meat in there. I used boiling water in plastic containers on the shelves to defrost the freezer. Once the water cooled I poured it into the washing machine.
* Froze the remaining contents of a jar of tomato paste into an icecube tray and froze for future use.
* Megan did a clean out of her wardrobe and gave the clothes to me to donate to Savers. So far I've received three discount stamps for her future purchases.
|Jessica's birthday cake|
|Scraping out the contents|
|Freezing tomato paste to avoid waste,|
|Nana and Luka watching tv together.|