Here are some ideas for being prepared -
* Having a good supply of tissues, hankies or homemade hanky / rags to wipe a drippy nose is very important. Perhaps buy a box or two of extra soft tissues just in case you get a bad cold.
* Stock up on headache tablets, cold and flu tablets or any other medications you use to ease illness symptoms
* Vicks vapour rub is great for easing a blocked nose. Do you have any or do you know where your tub is ? Does it still have a strong fragrance or is it well past it's best before date ?
* Eucalyptus oil is a wonderful natural product for clearing sinuses and blocked noses. Do you have any left in your bottle after making Miracle Spray ? ( hehehe ).
* Tea Tree oil is a wonderful natural disinfectant that can also be used on cold sores. If you need to buy some, it's generally located on the bottom shelf in the bathroom section ( next to the eucalyptus oil ) at your local supermarket.
* Lemon and honey are great for relieving sore throats. I freeze the lemon juice into ice cube trays each Winter for use all year round.
* Your choice of cough lollies to help ease a persistent cough.
|Much needed supplies|
|Freezing lemon juice into icecube trays|