Here's what else I got up to
* Recycled some birthday cards given to me by a friend. I cut them down to size, matted and mounted them onto new blank cards. Added a bit of bling where needed and they look great. I also made gift tags from card making scraps.
* Found packs of 2 lamb shanks at 49% off bringing them down to about $7.50 a kilo. There were 4 packs on the shelf so I bought the lot. They have been frozen and will be rationed out over the next 12 months for special occasions instead of going out for dinner.
* Menu planned for the next 2 weeks. I'm concentrating on using what we already have in the freezer instead of buying more. We need room in the freezer for tomatoes and beans that are growing in the garden.
* Sold 2 dozen eggs to a friend
* Picked lettuce and zucchini from the garden.
* Refilled the shampoo and conditioner bottles by turning almost empty bottles upside down. I also diluted the conditioner by 1/3
* It was my turn to host the card making day last Saturday. For morning tea I made a double batch of scones and served them with homemade peacharine / peach jam. The leftover scones were frozen and Darren and I have enjoyed a few during the week with a cuppa.
* Picked a few raspberries every couple of days. I'm working towards my next jam making session.
* Made a large jar of dried seasoned bread crumbs from scratch. I used the ends of loaves of bread, whizzed, dried and seasoned them.
* Received a $20 store credit for the Good Guys. I put this towards a George Foreman Grill for a Christmas present which also happened to be on sale. Normal price was $39 down to $29. I only paid $9. Bonus. The store credits come every 3 months or so as part of a extended warranty scheme.
* Cooked all meals from scratch. At the moment it's just Darren and I at home. We still cook for 4 - 6 people as that's what most recipes are. We freeze all the leftovers into single serves. This eliminates waste and I only have to cook a few times a week.
Unfortunately we didn't get much sunshine this week. This is the reason why the photos are a bit dull.
|Finished this card I started a couple of years ago|
|Megan's birthday Card - a new design|
|Homemade - just divine.|