Here's what we have been up to -
* Made another two batches of plum jam. I almost have enough jam to last 12 months. Some will be given as presents, some will be sold and the rest will be for us to consume on toast each morning.
* Picked more zucchinis from the garden. I need to make more zucchini fritters and freeze them.
* Made up powdered milk to use in mashed potato, lasagne making ( white sauce ) and baking when we were running low on milk. Powdered milk is a slightly cheaper option than bottled milk.
* Sold 2 jars of berry jam and one of tomato relish to a cleaning client.
* Picked lettuce, strawberries and beans from our garden.
* Cooked all meals from scratch.
* Wrote out a menu plan until 2nd March. I've added in a few cheaper meals like fried rice, spag bol and soup to keep to our tight food budget.
* Bought lots of beef mince from Tasman Butchers for $7.99 kg and froze it into meal portions of 250 g.
* Saved the shower warm up water, Luka's bath water and the washing machine rinse water to pour into the washing machine.
* Fed the compost bin and worm farm with kitchen scraps.
* Darren used worm tea to feed our garden.
* Made up a big lasagne and added a large grated zucchini. As I was making up the lasagne I noticed the meat sauce seemed to be stretching further. Instead of a 12 serve lasagne, it made 16 serves. I could put it down to a miracle like Jesus feeding the loaves of bread and fish to the crowd, but it was probably the zucchini that stretched the meat.
* Bought more Sukin toiletries at 60% off. They have been put away for birthday and Christmas presents for this year.
* Gratefully received lots of lemons, apples and pears from a cleaning client. I've already zested and juiced the lemons and placed it all in the freezer. I'm not sure how to best use the apples and pears. We are not big fruit eaters so I'm thinking of stewing and freezing the fruit perhaps for putting in cakes and desserts.
|Our free blessing|
I was making jam this week when Luka was visiting. He wanted to be picked up and cuddled by Nana. How could I resist ?