It's been a ' Make, Bake, Sew and Grow " kind of week at the Gower Abundant Cottage. Many of my days have been busy filling orders from friends who want to buy my crafts. I'm truly blessed to be busy and truly blessed with all the support and words of encouragement. Along the way I've had lots of lovely conversations with customers across Australia who are concerned for Victorians living through Stage 4 lockdown. We are living in strange times and kindness goes a long way to making people feel a little better.
When I'm not crafting, I've spent some time reorganising a few cupboards, tidying my pantry, sorting out my shed, weeding the veggie gardens and doing a little baking.
Here are my frugal tasks for the week -
* Made butter from scratch using more of the frozen cream I got for free.
* Made and sold lots of face masks. I have just a handful left to sell while I wait for my elastic order to come in the mail.
* Made and sold lots of face mask greeting cards ( care cards ). They were fun to make and I know people are buying them to send to people who need some cheering up.
* Made four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness. When I slice the loaves to freeze, I reuse old plastic bread tags and bread bags over and over again.
* Made a pot of chunky chicken and veg soup from stock I had in the freezer. This pot of soup was enough for Darren and I for two dinners and one lunch. Almost free meals for us.
* Made chocolate chip biscuits for our snacks using dough I had in the freezer.
* Made a few bath bombs for an order a friend wanted to buy. Our home smelled like a florist for a few days.
* Picked silverbeet from the garden as our green vegetable for a couple of meals. For me, a dinner is not a dinner unless it has a green vegetable on the plate. Silverbeet is so easy to grow and is a plant that keeps on giving.
* Juiced the lemons I picked from our tree last week. The juice was frozen to use in jam making later in the year. In the next few weeks I'll make a batch of lemon butter too.
* We ate freezer meals ( leftovers ) a couple of times this week. There were days when I was super busy sewing. It was a relief to have ready made meals on hand. Not that we can go out and buy takeaway at the moment.
|Choc chip biscuits|
|Lots of face masks made|
|Some of the Care card bundles I made|
|Cards made for an order|