Hello friends and faithful readers. I'm hoping to be back writing again on a regular basis. Thankyou so much for all the lovely messages, comments and prayers during the last few months. They all really helped sustain me during the difficult days following my Dad's passing.
During the last couple of months my days have been super busy with things to organise for the service ( along with other family members ), helping Mum around the home and Dad's garden, errands with Mum, my cleaning work, running our home, planting / weeding in the garden and spending time with our daughters and grandchildren.
Darren and I did manage to get away to Ballarat for a weekend in May and it was much needed. We enjoyed sunny days of 16 degrees which is glorious for that time of the year. We visited family and went to places of importance to Mum and Dad ( they met in Ballarat ). On the way home we met up with Jessica and she took me to see Cinderella the musical. It was such a lovely evening.
The frugal list below is a summary of what we've done over the last 7 weeks or so. It was hard at times to keep track of all the ways we saved money. Some days there was no time to even write on my frugal list.
* Picked feijoas from below our trees. The fruit is ready to eat when it drops to the ground.
* Filled up the foaming hand wash pumps with diluted shower gel.
* Cut up a few socks that had holes in them and used them as garden ties.
* Dried the washing on the line until the weather got too cold and wet. Now it's on the clothes horse over a ducted heating vent .
* Planted another row of carrots.
* Planted lots of broccoli seeds. So far we have 9 heads forming and over 35 plants growing.
* Baked wholemeal bread with extra goodness every 2 weeks.
* Picked chrysanthemums from the garden to brighten up our home.
* Picked spinach from the garden to add to spag bol sauce.
* Made lots of dried bread crumbs from saved bread crusts ( ends ).
* I pruned one of our feijoa trees as it was getting too tall. I placed some of the smaller branches in a couple of vases to decorate our home when there were no flowers to pick.
* Made raspberry jam and plum jam from fruit we grew and froze during Summer.
* Started the process of making another bottle of vanilla extract.
|Covering the broccoli plants|
|Making dried bread crumbs|