Saturday 28 October 2023

My Blogging Absence Explained.

Hello faithful blog readers.  Most of you would have noticed my sudden disappearance from blog writing over the last 3 months. I'm not one to come and go as I please and have always taken my blog seriously since I started it 9 years ago.  There have been times when life has been overwhelming and fitting in a blog post or two has been impossible.  Lately,  there has been no spare time to physically sit in front of a laptop to share what's been going on.

For those of you who are friends with me on Facebook,  you would have read about the birth of our third grandchild ( and first girl ) 5 weeks ago.  Naomi Wendy was born under difficult medical circumstances that had spanned 5 months.   Naomi is completely fine.  The medical condition was something our daughter had to endure and it couldn't be resolved until Naomi was born.

Darren and I looked after our other grandchildren at a moments notice when our daughter was hospitalised over 20 times since May.  Darren spent many nights racing Megan to hospital so that Luka and Bryson could stay in their own beds with their Daddy looking after them.  We've done many day care pick ups / drop offs,  had the boys for many sleepovers,  helped run 2 households,   looked after Megan at the hospital when the nurses were too busy and fed whoever was home for dinner.

During this time both Darren and I still went to work,  although there was one week I took off from my cleaning work when Megan had a 10 day hospital stay.  We also continued to help look after my Mum when she needed us.

We did go on our long awaited  holiday to the Cook Islands in late August / early September.  This holiday had been planned since 2016 for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2020.  It took 4 years of saving, a pandemic,  2 years of lockdowns in Melbourne,  a cancelation,  a death in the family and a last minute trip to the Emergency Department ( I had a chest infection ) before we boarded the plane to New Zealand,  then on to the Cook Islands. 

This trip was a dream come true and my first overseas holiday.  The Cook Islands,  especially Aitutaki,  is heaven on earth.  We swam in beautiful blue lagoons,  relaxed in hammocks,  ate delicious food and visited local islands.   We took so many photos of spectacular sunsets and coconut tree scenery.  I'll post a few photos below.

Thankyou to those who reached out and walked this journey with us over the last 5 months.  Your prayers,  concern and kind words really made a difference to how we travelled each difficult day.  Megan is doing quite well now and settling into life as a mother of 3.

If our life continues on the calmer path it has been for the last week,  I hope to start blogging again very shortly.


                                   A Day Trip To One Foot Island in Aitutaki









                                                     Our Resort In Aitutaki










The view every day for every meal.




                                                  Our Resort in Rarotonga




                                                             Our Family



Luka and " his ' bubba.




27 comments:

  1. Maureen Williams28 October 2023 at 08:54

    WOW Wendy, such gorgeous photos!!! So glad to hear things are settling down for you all. Can’t wait to read new posts from your blog when you’re ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you, and mom and baby are doing well! Thank you for the update as well. Hilogene in Az.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to know you are all well and healthy. The baby and the big brothers are too cute. the NZ islands are just beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Take care. Bun

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad all is well now. Yes, I had noticed your absence. Pregnancies can be such an unknown. Our youngest is expecting her 1st and it had been pretty horrendous, 3 months of constant morning sickness and now she is worried about gestational diabetes. Roll on February but then the real battle will begin, I know there will be so many late night phone calls, once a mother always a mother.

    I look forward to your updates and continued fantastic blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendy, Liz from WA here, beautiful photos. I have missed seeing your blog and glad things are settling down for you. My life ended as I know it in May when my 20 year old son Harry had a dirt motorbike accident at our farm, we relocated to Perth where he lived for 2 weeks in ICU, and then we brought him home to our small country hospital to die. It's been 4 months and it's only becoming real for us now, devastated. Family is every thing. Take care of yourself Wendy and family

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pleased you both enjoyed your well deserved holiday Wendy to celebrate your wedding anniversary! Glad things are settling down for you now, hopefully that continues. Congratulations on your new Grand daughter. You are such a blessing to so many people Wendy. Blessings to all your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so great to get an update from you! Congratulations on your new grandchild. I’m glad your daughter is doing well now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad that time is over anf you got your super holiday. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's good to see you back. I'm so glad that Megan and the baby are now safely home and doing well. Those big brothers look like they are absolutely in love with their baby sister.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wendy, it is so to hear from you. Sounds like you and your husband have been meeting the most important needs of your dear family. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Wendy so pleased (and relieved) that you are now blessed with a healthy granddaughter and daughter 🙏🏻.Also congratulations on finally having your much deserved holiday. I recently watched a documentary on the Cook Islands and remembered that you had been planning that trip for many years. My dream trip is to New Zealand but my husband is a reluctant flyer, so still working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the birth of your little granddaughter.....what a blessing to your family....I hope all is going well for your daughter now....pleased to hear that you were able to take your well earned and long awaited holiday...🙂🙂

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pleased you are back Wendy. I hope all continues to go well with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful photos! Especially of your granddaughter. Well deserved holiday and I’m glad your daughter is feeling better. Wishing you and Darren trouble free days for the rest of the year. You’ve certainly had your fair share.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Missed your posts. Reader from NYC USA

    ReplyDelete
  16. Life can be overwhelming sometimes. Glad things worked out well. Missed your blog writings from London,UK

    ReplyDelete
  17. vous nous avez manqué mais c'était pour une bonne cause , toutes nos félicitations pour ce bébé ravissant beaucoup de bonheur à toute la famille

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my, Wendy! Such a lot happening in your lives. It would have been so reassuring though that you and Darren were close by and could be there with love and support for Megan and your grandsons. How lovely too to have a new little granddaughter. I adore her name!
    Your holidays snaps look amazing. It's wonderful that you were still able to go on this special trip and enjoy your holiday.
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Wendy,i was wondering where & why you hadn't done any blogging now I know !! Welcome back I look forward to reading your blogs each week,What are year it has been!! a tough year for our family also I lost my dad a few weeks back,so i u understand it takes a while to feel normal again,I can understand when you say how hospitals are just coping,I wish you & your lovely family love health & happiness xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I’m so glad to see you back and the know that things have worked out for your family. Congratulations on your dream vacation. You sure needed it and deserved it. Lynn Ewing

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Wendy. I was relieved to see your post today as I have been checking regularly and was hoping that all was okay.

    Congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter and I'm glad to read that little Naomi is fine and that Megan is better. It would have been a very difficult and worrying time for you all.

    Your holiday photos are lovely and I'm happy that you and Darren enjoyed your much deserved holiday. Your three grandchildren are little cuties. I think Naomi is going to have two devoted big brothers.

    I'm looking forward to reading your posts once you are able to start blogging again. Take care.

    Best wishes,
    Maria from Adelaide xx.

    ReplyDelete
  22. so pleased to know what has been going on, and have missed watching your everyday life and so glad you could help out with your family, look forward to your blogging again on your simple lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thankful that Megan is doing well and congratulations on the arrival of your little granddaughter. Lovely that you’ve been able to enjoy a well deserved holiday. Take care and God Bless. Love Carol & Clark xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sound like the holiday was well deserved and congrats on the newest Grandchild and glad they are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on new granddaughter. You have beautiful grandchildren. I am glad you got to take a great vacation. I have really missed your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Wendy! I am so pleased everything has gone well for your daughter and new baby. You have personified all that it is to be a mother, I congratulate you and Darren for being there for your loved ones amid your own business and responsibilities.
    I am soooo happy you are going to continue blogging. I love your posts and feel a sense of common ground with the way you approach life. I have put into action many of your hints and tips as well as master a few of your recipes!
    The photos of your holiday are really lovely, it looks like a destination to think about!
    Kind regards
    Gill from Ulverstone

    ReplyDelete

This blog is designed to be a source of encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. Comments advertising businesses or goods for sale will not be published.

Please include your first name in your comment so that I can respond to you.

Comments are moderated manually. Please allow a few hours for them to appear.