* Made a big batch of pita chips for snacks.
* Baked six loaves of bread. Four were wholemeal bread with extra goodness and two were white with chia seeds ( for the girls ).
* Picked some silverbeet to eat ( hide ) in a meal
* Bought lots of beef mince and a large tray of sausages from Tasman Meats. I portioned the sausages into meal sizes of six. The mince was divided into 300g lots of 400g lots.
* Made chicken stock using the skin from the fillets and all the bits and pieces trimmed off. I used my slow cooker to make the stock. Megan made chunky chicken noodle soup the next night with the stock and one chicken fillet. I lived on this soup for two days after more dental work. I froze two serves of the soup.
* Kept the curtains open on the windows where the sun was shining through.
* Stayed away from the shops for most of the week. I sent Darren out to get milk..
* Bought a bag of cut out card sentiments from Savers for $1.90. It looks like someone had been cutting up old cards. From now on I'll be doing the same with discarded greeting cards.
* Made a batch of blueberry and white choc muffins for Darren. I used blueberries bought last Summer for $1 a punnet and frozen. I also made a double batch of raspberry and white choc muffins.
* Juiced some lemons and froze the juice. I also picked another bowlful to juice later.
* Sold two dozen eggs.
* Gratefully received two metal planter boxes from my Dad. He didn't need them any more and knew we could use them. Darren has replanted our strawberries in them.
* Refilled the foaming hand wash pump in the girl's bathroom with diluted shower gel.
* Refilled the dish washing liquid bottle and diluted it.
* Redeemed an almost 12 month old rain check for Dove soap. It was for packs of 4 bars for $3.60. I got 10 boxes. I think we'll be right for soap for the next few years.
* Froze two single serves of left over main meals.
* Made a mince pasta bake with 300g of mince. There was so much left over it fed us for two meals.
* Saved the washing machine water and dried most of the clothes on clothes horses.
|Chicken stock in the slow cooker.|
|Sliced and in the freezer|
|Card making sentiments|
|Our " new " planter boxes|
|The strawberries have been replanted|
|Darren's tulips are flowering.|
What frugal tasks did you complete this week ?