* Gratefully received two bags of jam jars from my sister. I give lots of jam as presents so I'm always needing more jars. I also received a bag of jars from a cleaning client.
* Did the usual water saving tasks in the laundry and dried the washing on the line.
* Made chicken curry with two chicken fillets and it fed us for two meals.
* Cleaned the kettle.
* Jessica went through her make up and gave me a blusher and brush she doesn't want.
* Did an extra day of cleaning work.
* Bought a $7.90 cooked chicken and got 14 serves from it. We had some in rolls for lunch x 4, I made chunky chicken and veg soup that gave us 6 serves and enough meat for the freezer that will be made into a pasta bake or chop chicken ( like chop suey ) x 4 serves. I also used all the bones to make chicken stock in the slow cooker.
* Darren and I had an outing to Mornington on Wednesday. We took our own lunch ( chicken in rolls )and bottles of water to save some money. We did treat ourselves to morning tea.
* Fed the compost bin with kitchen scraps.
* Made a batch of Miracle Spray and sold it to a cleaning client.
* Dug down to the bottom of my lipstick to get every last bit out. Avon has decided to discontinue my favourite color ( yet again ). Thankfully I have a few spare tubes and I'll be making them last as long as possible.
* Over the last couple of weeks I've stayed home as much as possible. I've only used 1/2 a tank of petrol since the day before Good Friday.
* Gratefully received some stamps for card making and a set of craft drawers from my Mum.
* Made a bottle of air freshener for the ensuite.
* Used the watering can to water my veggie seedlings. This is more water wise than using a hose.
* Mended a hole in a pair of socks.
* We had our movie night at home on Thursday. We watched " The Help " and even our girls ventured out of their rooms to watch most of it with us.
|Plants we bought in Mornington|
|Jessica's Christmas present now has flowers.|
|In the garden|
|Lettuce seedlings are growing|
|Lavender air freshener|
|Making Miracle Spray|
How did you save money this week ?