* Made a batch of plain scones to take to the Cheapskates card making day. I also took my raspberry jam to spread on top. Very yummy. The rest of the scones were frozen for future morning teas.
* Made a batch of pumpkin soup with a butternut pumpkin we were blessed with. The leftovers were frozen in single serves for Winter lunches.
* Gratefully received a shape punch and a couple of patterned papers from the swap table at the card making day.
* Washed all the donated glass jars given to me over the last few weeks. Now they are ready for use.
* Ate homemade freezer meals two nights this week.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* I bought another $7.90 cooked chicken. This time I was able to get 21 serves from the one chicken. I made a pot of chunky chicken and vegetable soup using the stock I made and any meat left on the carcass. This gave me nine singles serves of soup. When I peeled down the chicken I portioned the meat into 4 single serves for a sandwich, and two lots of meat that will be put into a pasta bake that can feed the four of us.. I don't think I can stretch the chicken any more. I did have another portion of stock leftover that I've frozen.
.* Saved the bank statement envelopes. The inside of the envelope is patterned and can be used for card making.
* Gratefully received a petrol discount docket in the mail. Thankyou Tania xoxo
* Gratefully received a few more jam jars from another friend.
* Stocked up on TRESemme shampoo and conditioner. It's on sale at IGA for $4.99 which is better than half price.
* Saved the washing machine water for each next load. Saved the kitchen water and reused it to swish out the sinks, soak the saucepans and water the raspberry plants.
* Saved the ribbon wrapped around a blanket Jessica bought. Saved a couple of rubber bands wrapped around the junk mail. Also saved a couple of bells and ribbons from the Lindt bunnies we are working our way through from Easter.
* Organised my jam and relish jars stored in the shed. I now have the jam jars separated into another box. Relish jars smell quite strong even after they have been washed many times. I don't like to use them for jam for this reason. Now I won't have to dig around for jars when I need them.
* Found a few more items to donate to the op shop. Over at The Cheapskates Club I've set up a " De cluttering Tally Game " Quite a few of us have the de cluttering bug again. I thought it would be fun to keep a tally of how much we can remove from our homes and donate. It's not a competition but a great way to keep track of the numbers. I'm up to 33 items for the month.
* Darren picked a pink rose for my bedside table.
* I made potato cakes for lunch one day using about 2/3 of a cup of leftover mashed potato. Very yummy.
|Scones for morning tea|
|Chunky chicken and vegetable soup|
|In the garden|
|Saving the envelope.|
|Jam jars ready for use.|
What frugal tasks did you complete this week ?