* Mended a coat by sewing back on some buttons and tightening the others. There was a hole in the pocket lining so I sewed that up too. I also replaced the buttons on a pj top.
* Turned the power points off in the girl's bedrooms when they were out. I also closed the ducted heating vents.
* Bought lots of chicken fillets for $4.99kg. For about $63 Darren and I were able to get forty meals which works out to approx. $1.60 per meal for meat. Gotta love a bargain.
* Picked lettuce, silverbeet and lemons from the garden.
* Saved the rubber bands wrapped around our mail
* Used the thermos to store boiled water during the day.
* Made lots of raspberry and white choc muffins and raspberry jam to sell to a friend.
* Bought oranges for 49c kg, golden delicious apples for 99c kg and mandarins for 99c kg.
* Saved the washing machine and shower water to wash our clothes.
* Decluttered and donated lots of items to our local op shop and received a couple of discount stamps.
* Stayed home as much as possible to save on petrol.
* Gratefully received some card making items in the mail. Thankyou Barb.
* Used the carpet sweeper mid week instead of the vacuum cleaner.
* Lifted up my retractable eyeliner ( Avon ) to use every last bit.
* Made a big pot of chunky chicken and veggie soup using chicken carcasses I'd frozen. I also made a batch of peanut butter choc chip biscuits. Both of these items were for the weekend away
|One of our mango plants still growing|
|Jam to sell|
|The Sun streaming through the window|
|Can it get any fuller ?|
What frugal tasks did you complete this week ?