* I made four trays of zucchini slice using zucchinis bought last week for $1.49kg. Two trays were cut up into single portions and frozen. Yes I used both ovens at the same time.
* Picked and juiced lots of lemons from our tree. The juice was frozen into ice cube trays.
* Diluted a new bottle of white vinegar by 50%. This is used for cleaning and making Miracle Spray.
* Started drying the washing on clothes horses again. Now that my home is back to normal by about 95%, I have the room to put them over the heating vents.
* Froze three leftover portions of chicken curry and two of chop suey.
* Lined my bathroom bin using recycled bread bags.
* Made another 8 cards to sell ( very soon ).
* Made a double batch of pumpkin scones using cooked pumpkin from the freezer. Most of the scones were frozen for morning teas.
* Fed a few broccoli stalks and leaves to the chickens. Unfortunately most of my broccoli went to seed while my kitchen was being built. Not wanting it to go to waste I thought the chickens might like a feed.
* Saved the shower and washing machine water.
* Recycled and reused lots of plastic shopping bags and freezer bags for different uses around the home.
* Made a couple of fridge magnets to hang the family calendar on the fridge. I used magnetic strips saved from an old fridge seal from years ago and some card making bling. Before the kitchen renos the calendar hung on the wall under the clock.
* Made the most of Vista Print having a 50% off sale and ordered business cards for my blog. I also ordered a couple of stamps that say " Handmade by Wendy " etc for the cards I make.
* Gratefully received a free mobile phone from Telstra in the mail. It's all to do with the network upgrades. This saves me buying a new phone in a couple of years.
* I purchased a new dishwasher control panel and fitted it myself. The part cost $77 but I saved at least $200 - $250 on a call out fee if I'd rung the company to fit it for me.
|Double ovens in use - zucchini slice|
|Peach tree blossoms|
|Spring growth on the feijoa tree|
|21 years of marriage on Friday|
How frugal were you this week ?