Here are some of the other delights that filled my week -
* Emptied the little hotel bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body wash into our own bottles. I gave them a good shake to combine.
* Dried the washing on clothes horses and the line.
* Made a bottle of lavender air freshener.
* Made another 2 litre bottle of Miracle Spray. I keep one big bottle in the laundry and another in the kitchen as well as numerous spray bottles around my home.
* Bought lots of Blue Grenadier fish from Coles. It was half price at $6.49 kg ( from memory ).
* Froze four single serves of leftovers. After loosing the contents of one of my freezers, it feels good to make a start on my freezer meal stockpile.
* Refilled two foaming hand wash pumps with diluted shower gel.
* Picked lots of raspberries and froze them.
* Bought a Country Road cardigan from Savers op shop for $8.50. While I was there I donated some household items and received a discount stamp.
* Made a Valentines Day card for Darren using supplies I had on hand. We had a lovely dinner at home then went to the movies. The tickets were bought with a gift card given to us. Darren got the tickets at a discounted price because we are Telstra Big Pond customers. Our movie snacks were chocolates and bottles of water from home.
* Cleaned the exhaust fans in both bathrooms. I'm trying to to this on a regular basis to keep them running efficiently.
* Saved the shower and washing machine water as per usual.
* Megan made a batch of giant choc chip biscuits ( cookies ).
* Made 14 jars of plum jam. Some will be given as presents.
* Defrosted our 25 year old 120 litre freezer. I try to do this 2 - 3 times a year to keep it running efficiently
* Made a batch of pita chips for snacking.
* Picked our first tomato of the season. YAY !!! No more store bought tomatoes for quite a while.
* Our strawberries are fruiting again. I picked a good handful in one day.
|Megan's Mexican rice dish with potatoes|
|Megan's giant choc chip biscuits|
|Pretty flowers from Jessica|
|The raspberries continue|
|A simple handmade Valentine's Day card|
|Homemade plum jam|
|From the garden and our first tomato.|
. What frugal delights filled your week ?