Thursday 4 May 2017

Scrambled Eggs

I love scrambled eggs as a treat for breakfast,  lunch or a cheap dinner.  There's scrambled eggs and then there are tasty scrambled eggs.  Here's the recipe for how I make tasty scrambled eggs -

2 eggs
dash of milk ( maybe four tablespoons )
pinch of salt,  pepper
sprinkle of dried onion flakes,  dried garlic granules or powder and chives
knob or butter

Place the eggs and seasonings into a small bowl and whisk together

Heat a small frypan or saucepan on a medium heat.  Add a small knob of butter and melt

Add the egg mixture to the pan / saucepan and gently scrape a wooden spoon over the bottom. Ribbons of cooked egg will form. 

When the mixture turns from liquid to cooked egg,  turn off the heat immediately.

Serve with your choice of ingredients.  Bacon,  ham,  spinach,  cooked tomatoes,  mushrooms or toast work well.  I like mine on toast with a sprinkling of grated cheese.


7 comments:

  1. It's amazing how far just two eggs can go. I like mine with the works - bacon, mushroom, spinach.

    Enjoy.

    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where would we be without the humble egg, they are such a go to meal when all else fails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum. I normally add a little cream but I will try your milk idea now that I am trying lose a few kg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks yummy and just the way I like them. Not too overcooked :0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, Love scrambled eggs. I even made these for DS2 for breakfast this morning, Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love eggs (I could live on them only...of course some onions and even potatoes to throw in can help also)! Now you have made me hungry for them..ha! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Instead of the extras (salt, pepper etc) try a light sprinkle of vegeta. It makes scrambled eggs taste amazing.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is designed to be a source of encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. Comments advertising businesses or goods for sale will not be published.

Please include your first name in your comment so that I can respond to you.

Comments are moderated manually. Please allow a few hours for them to appear.