Saturday 6 May 2017

This Week's Frugal Tasks Saturday 6th May 2017

As you read this post on Saturday morning Jessica and I will be launching Bella Pamper Parties.  This is Jessica's new business that we have both been working on for the last couple of months.  The pamper parties are for girls aged 5 - 12 and we treat them to a wonderful time of games,  foot spas,  a little makeup, manicures,  a photo booth and prizes.

Here's a list of the other tasks I managed to squeeze into this week -

*  Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.  Used old bread bags and bread clips to store the loaves in the freezer.

*  Made a prize bag for Jessica's new pamper party business.  I used scraps of material and lace.  The bag was made a little long so the party guests need to dig deep to get a prize.

*  Used the dry mop n the bamboo floors instead of getting the vacuum cleaner out.

*  Sold lots of raspberry and white chocolate muffins to a cleaning client.

*  Sold two dozen eggs

*  Fed some pulled weeds to the chickens.  I also fed them a lettuce plant that had gone to seed.

*  Fed the compost bin with kitchen scraps and teabags.

*  Used the last of my retractable eyeliner  by pushing up the extra bit of eyeliner in the holder bit ( hard to explain ).  I got another four weeks' worth of use.  I'm also digging into the bottom of my lipstick.  So far I've extended the use by two weeks and hoping for another four.

*  Refilled the foaming hand wash dispensers around the home with diluted shower gel.

*  Limited the dryer usage to urgent items and work uniforms.  The rest of the washing went on clothes horses over the ducted heating vents.

* Picked a few feijoas and raspberries every couple of days.

*  Only bought milk, cream,  potatoes and grapes at the shops.

*  Knitted a saucepan lid holder from knitting cotton I had on hand.  I bought a new saucepan set a couple of weeks ago.  I love the set but the lid handles get a little hot when cooking for long periods of time.  The kitchen shops sell these cloths but I didn't take notice of the price.

* Cooked a chicken curry in the slow cooker and froze four leftover portions.  I also cooked a tuna pasta bake that stretch to six serves by adding steamed veg on the side.

*  Cut up an old sock to use as garden ties.  I keep the ties in an icecream container in my garden shed.

*  Diluted a bottle of white vinegar to use for cleaning.

*  Cleaned the kettle with citric acid.  Cleaned the dishwasher with bi carb,  vinegar and Miracle Spray.

*  Petrol is too dear at the moment and I was getting low.  I chose to put in $25 to make do until the price drops.

*  Megan has been doing big cook ups of meals and portioning them into single serves to take to work for lunch.

      
Jessica's new business

Prize bag for the parties

Freezing leftovers

In the garden

Rosemary in flower

A blessing of lemons

What does your frugal list look like this week ?

9 comments:

  1. That is exciting for Jessica, Wendy, starting up a little business of her own. I hope it all goes really well. At our place this week:
    * running appliances little later in day now to get maximum benefit from solar panels, drying washing on the line.
    * eating mandarins, perpetual spinach, spring onion, basil and lettuce from garden here.
    * made a stew that we had with dumplings one night and as a potato-topped pie the next. Used some fresh and frozen veg in the stew.
    * friends gave us a big jar of lovely local honey. So kind!
    * topped up car at $1.25 per L because everywhere else was over $1.35.
    Tonight we are going to the movies with our boy and are going to use two adult gift passes so it will be much cheaper than if we had pay for all of us. We rarely go to the movies so this is a big treat:)

    Have lovely weekend. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip about cutting up the socks for garden ties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck to your daughter, you could even mix up home made face masks! Im in catch up mode after a big family wedding last weekend, can't stand being in i disorganised mess.
    after paying some big bills Im considering automated payments, but not sure how it works.
    Petrol cheap in Sydney, don't know why its expensive down in Melbourne?
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a busy week, Wendy! Best of luck to Jessica for her new business!

    Other than the usual frugal stuff: we are planning to downsize and move in the next few months. I listed 5 or 6 things for sale on craigslist and, so far, have sold 3 things for $107 USD. The other items are priced at around $125 (total), so keep your fingers crossed for me. I'm lovin' seeing that stuff go!

    I was able to hang my first (and second) load of laundry outside to dry. It's not a huge cost saving, but I like my clothes dried outside.

    I made my own yellowjacket (wasp) trap out of a plastic juice bottle. I have 3 traps at the moment. I'm hoping to catch the queen, which will really cut down on yellowjackets for the rest of the year.

    Maxine in northern Idaho USA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun with the pamper parties and the very best wishes for success.
    For years I cut up knee hi stockings/socks for hair ties as well as the garden. They match my hair colour and they are semi free! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wendy
    I always seem to end up with heaps of crumbs in the bottom of the weet-bix packet, any ideas of how to use these ?
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathleen, I always tip mine into the seasoned dried bread crumb container.

      Delete
  7. All the best to Jessica with her new business, she is lucky to have you helping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great business idea, love it. You could also braid their hair. French braid and dutch braid are the latest craze amongst young girls.

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete

This blog is designed to be a source of encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. Comments advertising businesses or goods for sale will not be published.

Please include your first name in your comment so that I can respond to you.

Comments are moderated manually. Please allow a few hours for them to appear.