* Egg cartons can be reused for growing seedlings, collecting eggs if you have chickens, hold beads when the kids make necklaces and a myriad of craft ideas.
* Empty bottles, jars and tins. Jars are great for jam and sauce making or to use as a vase. Bottles can be reused for homemade cordial, sauce and to refrigerate water. Tins can be used for baking cakes and as a rustic vase
* Empty envelopes make great shopping lists, to do lists or to jot down a note.
* Birthday / Christmas cards can be made into lovely gift tags. If the image is to your taste, frame it in a cheap frame or cut it out to make a handmade greeting card.
* Gift bags can generally be reused over and over again. Generally when I receive a gift bag, it's in perfect condition and too good to throw out.
* Icecream containers have so many uses I could write a blog post about them. Here are a few uses - storage containers for baking, to save water, vomit buckets, craft containers, Barbie shoe storage and freezer storage.
* Shoe boxes. I find it hard to throw out a good sturdy shoe box. I use them for storing craft items, for school projects storing seed packets, storing soup / meal packets, Barbie clothes ( back in the day ) and wrapping paper / greeting cards.
* Toothbrushes. I never throw out a toothbrush once it's past it's best before date for teeth brushing. I reuse them around the home for cleaning around taps, down plug holes, dishwasher seals, to clean the stove top, in the laundry for stain removal and to use at my cleaning jobs.
* Old bathroom towels. We use them as drop sheets, rags, to kneel on when weeding, to mop up spills, to wrap around items for protection when travelling / moving or storing and to protect bedding ( illness ),
* Newspapers. Although most people now read their news online or watch it on tv, the occasional local newspaper can make it's way to your letterbox. Newspapers make great seedling pots. These can then be directly planted into the ground. Newspapers can be used in compost bins, to line bird cages and chicken coops, to clean windows and as a layer to prevent weeds growing.
|gift tags made from magazines and cards.|
|Recycled jars for jam making|
|Recycled bottles for homemade cordial|
|Pasta sauce jar makes a great vase|