* Dried most of the washing on the line including bedding. Darren did throw some things in the dryer on his day of.
* Cleaned the kettle with citric acid. I used this water to clean the kitchen sink drains with vinegar and bi carb. Cleaned the dishwasher using bi carb, vinegar and Miracle Spray
* Made a steak casserole using two bbq steaks leftover from our AFL Grand Final bbq. I sliced them thinly and cooked the casserole in the slow cooker. I was able to get 6 generous serves from the two steaks. I'll post the recipe shortly.
* Fed lots of grass and clover to the chicken.
* Jessica had a small empty bottle of argon oil in her rubbish bag. She said she couldn't get any more out. I turned it upside down for a couple of days and got 3 more uses from it.
* Picked a few very large leaves of silverbeet and added them to a double batch of spag bol sauce to stretch it further. I also froze two portions suitable for two people.
* Saved the washing machine water for each next load. As the weather warms up I'll start saving the warm up shower water for the garden.
* Baked a packet mix of " I Quit Sugar " biscuits that was given to me. I didn't have the fancy syrup needed for the recipe so I used honey and added choc chips ( for extra flavour ). Something wasn't right with the recipe on the box because I ended up with slop that couldn't be formed into dough balls to bake. I had to add a fair amount of extra flour to the mix. Let's just say Darren refuses to eat any more after trying one. They do have a strange flavour to them. I will persist and eat the rest over the next few days. Maybe the chickens can help me get rid of them.
* Tried to stick to the 2 light rule most of the time.
* Had the heater off for 3 days during daylight hours.
* Bought 5 Bolar blade roasts on sale for $6.99kg from Australian Butchers. This was my first visit there after Cath from the Cheapskates Club posted the specials on Facebook. I was suprised to learn there is a store nearby in Dandenong. They also had chicken drumsticks on sale for $1.79kg but I already have plenty in the freezer.
* Used the dry mop on the bamboo floors instead of getting the vacuum cleaner out.
* Gratefully received lots of card making supplies from Darren for my birthday. I can't wait to use them.
|I Quit Sugar Biscuits|
|Birthday flowers from Jessica and her boyfriend|
|Cleaning the kettle|
|Plum tree in full bloom|
|Steak casserole - YUM !!!|