* Saved the shower warm up water to use on our veggie seedlings.
* Dried all the washing on the line.
* Continued to stockpile for the Summer months. I'm only using my usual grocery money and being really wise about what I buy. I also have the grocery slush fund as a back up.
* Ate freezer meals ( leftovers ) two nights.
* Redecorated 10 department store gift bags using card making scraps I had on hand.
* Dug out a 4 or 5 litre ice cream container to save the water from our drink bottles. This will be poured on a fruit tree each day.
* Wrote a menu plan for the next couple of weeks to use up lots of food from the freezer. By doing this, I crossed a few items off my grocery list for the month.
* Took advantage of Priceline's 50% off hair care sale and stocked up on shampoo and conditioner.
* Turned the heater off at the wall so it doesn't come on automatically in the morning. We also kept the heater off most of the time during the day and had the curtains open fully to capture the sunlight ( when it wasn't hot ).
* Hand washed the dinner dishes most nights.
* Refilled and diluted the dishwashing liquid bottle. I still have the pump on it which reduces over use.
* Lined both bathroom bins with lots of bread bags.
* Megan found four good quality stylish coats at Savers for well under $50. Jessica found a denim jacket with a fur collar at another Savers for $3. She can't wait to go back again to see what she finds.
* Made 10 jars of plum jam and 8 jars of raspberry jam. All of the fruit and lemon juice used came from the freezer. The raspberries came from our garden last Summer. Some of this jam will be given as presents.
|Homemade plum jam|
|Re decorated gift bags|
|Roast lamb dinner|
How did you save time, money and energy this week ?