My list is a mixture of household savings, blessings and bargains..
* Had a catering order for 100 sausage rolls, 100 mini quiches and two lemon slices. Jessica was able to help me do the cooking and it became a cooking lesson for her.
* Sold two dozen eggs.
* Jessica and I went to a wedding expo on Sunday. We took some snacks and water with us. During the day we were given bottles of water, a suit bag, whitening toothpaste, a nail file and a pocket square.
* Op shop finds for this week are - an apron for $1.99 ( for Jessica ), a baby wrap for $4.99 ( new for a future gift ) and an as new plastic canister / container for $2.99( for Jessica ). All items then had a 15% off discount.
* Gratefully received several glass jars. These will be used for jam making.
* Gratefully received some veggies and meat from a couple of friends.
* Gratefully received lots of bread bags.
* Made egg custard to use up an excess of eggs and milk that was going out of date.
* Dried the washing on the line.
* Saved the shower water to pour into the washing machine. Saved the rinse water from each load and poured it back into the washing machine for the next load.
* Wrote a menu plan to use up stocks we have in the freezer.
* Topped up my car with petrol at $1.19 per litre.
* Bought a few meat markdowns in Coles. I also found a loaf of bread for 37 cents and four large blueberry muffins ( for Darren ) for $1.19 a pack.
* Bought blank cards in Kmart on clearance for $1 a pack of 10. The envelope were the same price. These will be used to make wedding invitations.
* Found items for the engagement party and wedding in a couple of discount stores.
* Jessica used the left over pastry from the catering order to make scrolls for Uni snacks. She made cheese and Vegemite, cheese, ham and herbs and cheese , ham and tomato sauce.
|Darren gets a treat too|
|Lamb shanks ready for the oven|