This mini holiday was a year in the making ( or planning ) which gave me lots of time to save for it. I'm sure half the fun is in the planning and dreaming.
Due to our time away my frugal list is a bit on the short side this week. I'm hoping your frugal lists will inspire me to get more done next week.
* Used our thermos and ate home baking for a morning tea pit stop on our way up to Bendigo.
* Bought lots of Lindt chocolate bunnies on sale in Kmart on Easter Monday for $2 each. This is the cheapest I've ever seen them. I bought enough for birthdays, Christmas and Easter next year.
* Took water bottles wherever we visited around Bendigo. This saved us about $36 over the four days away.
* Filled up and kept topping up my car with cheap petrol in Bendigo. It was $1.18 per litre while Melbourne's prices were still around $1.47 per litre.
* We took rolls for lunch and spag bol for dinner on the first day. The second night we made pita bread pizza with items from our pantry and fridge. Our snacks were homemade chocolate cake, homemade cranberry hootycreek biscuits and chips and chocolate from home.
* Found some engagement party / wedding decorations in a shop called Provincial Home Living. They are the wooden letters that is the latest trend. We found them on clearance for $1 each and bought ' E ', ' & ' and an ' U ' which we'll turn into a ' J '. The $1 price is a better price than the discount shops.
* Planted silverbeet seedlings in the garden.
* Dried all washing on the line or clothes horses.
* Stuck to the two light rule. Turned off standby lights and power boards.
* Saved the washing machine water and shower warm up water.
* Froze dinner leftovers.
* Sold two dozen eggs and three jars of jam.
|Around the home.|
|Tea time anyone ?|
|Free range eggs from home.|