Here's what we got up to this week -
* Made 7 jars of plum jam using fruit I froze from last Summer. Some of these jars will be given as Christmas presents.
* Saved tissue paper from a pair of new shoes ( in the shoe box ). This tissue paper is great for adding to a gift bag.
* Bought a pair of boots for next winter in Kmart for $7. Bought Darren two pairs of Winter pjs reduced to $6 a pair.
* Replanted our strawberry plants and weeded the area. I also feed them with Seasol. Hopefully they'll do better this coming season and give us enough fruit to make jam as well as eating fresh fruit.
* Let the chickens free range while Darren and I sorted out the strawberry patch. The chickens had a great feed of weeds and snails.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* Made up two bottles of double strength Miracle Spray.
* Watered the veggie seeds I planted last week with saved warm up shower water.
* Froze 7 single serves of leftovers. We are starting to get a big stockpile so it's time to write ' freezer meals ' into the menu plan.
* Dried all the washing on the line. I'm so happy Spring is here. It's the money saving season with less heating being used, no air con needed, washing on the line and more daylight ( not needing to turn lights on as often ).
* Gratefully received lots of bread bags from a charity bbq. They will be used to line bins, wrap meat and to cover bowls in the fridge.
* Picked silverbeet from the garden for two meals.
* Juiced and froze the last of the lemons.
* Portioned the remaining amount of tomato paste into ice cube trays and froze.
|My new $7 boots|
|Strawberry patch replanted|
|In the garden.|