We caught up with the Facebook famous Barb and her father on Thursday for a lovely afternoon tea. They picked us up from our accommodation and drove us to a local shopping centre. It was great to finally meet Barb after chatting on Facebook and The Cheapskates Club for the last few years. If you are a member of pretty much any Facebook saving group, you'd have ' seen ' Barb there.
While in Brisbane, Darren and I also had picnic in the botanical gardens, took a Brisbane River cruise, rode the Brisbane Wheel ( a large Ferris wheel ), caught up with friends, ate out and shopped.
Due to our getaway, I had to move a couple of cleaning jobs around, so this week I've worked every day. Darren will only have Sunday off this week. With Darren's help I've managed to get our home back in order, cleaned the bathrooms and floors and unpacked the suitcases.
Here's what else I got up to this week -
* Refilled the foaming hand wash pumps around the home. We wash our hands fairly often so the pump need refilling every couple of weeks.
* Fed the compost with kitchen scraps.
* Gratefully received more lemons.
* Gratefully took home all the hotel shampoos, conditioners, coffee sticks, toiletries and condiments that came with breakfast.
* Stocked up on corned silverside at $6.99 kg.
* Bought a slow cooker at Savers op shop for $14.99. It's exactly the same as the one I already have so it will be great to have a back up. It's in near new condition.
* Planted lettuce seedlings, Brussel sprout seedlings, bush bean seeds and climbing bean seeds.
* Picked silverbeet for one meal.
* Bought chicken frames for $1.99 kg. I've already cooked up one in the slow cooker to make chicken stock, then chicken soup.
* Dried all the washing on the line.
* Gratefully received some card making supplies from Barb.
* Used our Flybuys dollars to buy lunch ingredients and fruit when we were in Brisbane.
* Fed weeds and bread crusts to the chickens. We let them free range a few times when we were home.
* Made pita chips for snacking.
* Packed biscuits, chocolate, tins of salmon, bottles of water, teabags and collapsible containers to save money on our holiday. We bought a salad bowl from Coles and added the salmon to the collapsible containers for our picnic lunch.
The Brisbane Botanical Gardens
|Darren and a street performer|
|Butterflies on a building in the Queen Street Mall|
|Brisbane view from Mount Coot - tha|
|Goodies collected from our room.|
|The op shop slow cooker|