* Made a whole orange cake using gifted oranges I'd frozen a few months ago.
* To avoid the takeaway urge we made pizzas from scratch including the bases. They were so yummy with leftovers eaten the next day. We don't crave takeaway as such, just the thought of something quick and easy to eat.
* We needed to buy a new teapot for 2 after breaking the spout on our old one. Darren and I walked all over Fountain Gate Shopping Centre trying to find a white,porcelain one with an infuser insert. Prices ranged from $20 - $38 and they were either too big and not white. The last kitchenware store in the centre was Matchbox and we found one on sale for $7.50. When we got to the register it went through for $6. At that price we bought 2 ( one is a back up ).
* Made 4 jars of plum and apple jam. The plums were from the freezer and the 6 red apples were wrinkly and old in the fridge. The jam recipe has slightly less sugar than the fruit weight and the juice of one lemon.
* Dried all washing on the line and clotheshorses outside.
* Decluttered a cupboard and donated the items to Savers. Received a discount stamp on my card for future purchases.
* Gratefully received more magnetic strips from older fridges from a friend. I'll be researching more way to use it in crafting.
* Repurposed a gift bag and ribbon for a few presents.
* Gratefully received a carton of milk from a friend.
* Picked raspberries and a few tomatoes from the garden.
* Made 7 jars of raspberry jam using berries we'd picked from our garden and frozen over the season. Homemade raspberry jam is my absolute favourite. It's so rich in flavour.
* Fed the compost bin with lots of kitchen scraps and tea bags / tea leaves.
|Plum and apple jam|
|White peach jam.|