* Made one kilo of yoghurt using two tablespoons of natural yoghurt as a starter. We've been having it with stewed rhubarb as a delicious dessert.
* Gratefully received lots of little tomatoes from a friend.
* Sold one dozen eggs.
* Made a double batch of scones. Some were taken to church for morning tea and the rest were frozen for our own eating.
* Made 6 jars of jam from the white peaches I was given 1 1/2 weeks ago. I had to wait until they were ripe enough to cook up.
* Cleaned the dishwasher using bi carb and vinegar and ran it on a long hot cycle.
* Stockpiled lots of choc bits for baking. They are 1/2 price in Coles at $1.97 this week until next Wednesday. Mostly I use the white choc bits when baking cranberry hootycreek biscuits. The milk choc bits are using for choc chip biscuit and muffins.
* Made a batch of dried gravy mix using plain flour, beef stock powder and a few other seasonings.
* Made dried seasoned bread crumbs from scratch.
* Redeemed another $10 worth of points onto our Flybuys card. We use this money to buy groceries when we go on holidays.
* Gratefully received some card making supplies and magnetic strips ( from an old fridge door ) from a friend.
* Saved and recycled household water as per usual.
* Picked up a pretty single bed doona cover at Savers for $6.99. I'm not sure what I'll make from it. Maybe aprons, decorated hand towels, jam jar hats and produce bags.
|A stockpile worthy price|
|Op shop doona cover|
|The reverse side of the doona cover|