Here's my frugal list for the week -
* Made a double batch of chocolate brownies. I left a few pieces out for us to eat fresh and the rest went into the freezer for family gatherings. Chocolate brownies freeze really well. In fact, you can't tell they've been frozen.
* Made chicken stock in the slow cooker with a chicken frame. The next day I made a big pot of chunky chicken soup. We had it for two meals and the rest was divided up into single portions for the freezer. I gave a few to Megan for easy lunches.
* Started my first ever bottle of vanilla extract. It should be ready to use in five weeks.
* Charged all the laptops, phones and electric toothbrushes on the weekend when electricity is a little cheaper.
* Made a one kilo batch of yoghurt using frozen yoghurt as a starter. This is so yummy with fresh fruit for dessert.
* Made homemade pizza to curb the takeaway urge. We used about 100 grams of shredded chicken meat on each pizza with our favourite toppings. Jessica and I love tomato and bbq sauce mixed together, mixed herbs, tomatoes, pineapple and cheese. Darren loves the same sauces and meat, mushrooms, tomato, cheese, olives and anchovies
* Gratefully received a bunch of silverbeet from my MIL's garden. We used it in spag bol sauce and with another meal as our green vegetable.
* Saved the washing machine rinse water, saved the shower warm up water and saved drink bottle water to reuse around the home and garden.
* Our chicken feed was getting low so Darren mixed in some quick oats to stretch it until he could get to the feed store.
* Fed the compost bin every couple of days with kitchen scraps.
* Made lots of cards using what I already had on hand.
|Pictures are from rose books|
|Some still to be finished|
|Making vanilla extract.|