Here's my frugal list from the last few days -
* Purchased a padded valance for our bed for $4. I'd been searching for one for our bed for nine months from Target but they always sold out within days of getting new stock. After contacting head office a few times they located one for me and sent a $20 gift card for my troubles. The valance scanned at $24 so I only had to pay $4.
* Filled up my car with petrol and used a fuel discount docket which bought it down to $1.23 per litre which is quite cheap.
* Cooked all meals from scratch and ate some meals from the freezer.
* Limited the dryer use to drying uniforms. The rest of the clothes went on clothes horses.
* Juiced and froze the last of the gifted lemons.
* Made potato cakes from a couple of spoonfuls of left over potato / pumpkin mash and enjoyed them for my lunch.
* While in Tasmania on the card making weekend, I purchased a few shower squeegees for $1 each from Shiploads ( a discount store ). The exact same thing costs $2 in The Reject Shop.
* Gratefully received some donuts leftover from one of Jessica's jobs.
* Made chicken stock for the freezer from a chicken Jessica bought for our dinner.
* Fed the compost bin every two days with kitchen scraps.
* Saved the shower warm up water. Turned lights off whenever possible..