During the week I've been taxi for Jessica to get to and from work while she was without a car. I'm pleased to say she bought a car yesterday and is enjoying her freedom again ( so am I ). Darren's bible college moved into the city recently so he needed to be dropped off and picked up from the train station. I've had 4 days of cleaning work and looked after Luka a few times. There were days when I was on the go for 10+ hours with no time to rest.
So after all of that, I'm looking forward to a slightly calmer and slower weekend. Here's what I managed to squeeze in when I had a moment to spare -
* Used up every last drop of the dishwashing liquid bottle by adding a little water, shaking it then turning it upside down overnight.
* Made 1 kilo of yoghurt from scratch by using a couple of tablespoons of natural yoghurt as a starter ( from the freezer ).
* Made chicken stock in the slow cooker using the carcass from a chicken Jessica bought.
* Made up two bottles of diluted Dynamo laundry liquid. The ratio is 1 part Dynamo to 4 or 5 parts water.
* Made 4 litres of double strength Miracle Spray.
* Bought 1 kilo of carrots for $1, broccoli heads $1 each and cauliflower for $2 ( quite large ) from the Vic Market last weekend.
* Had my flat tyre repaired for free.
* This week's cheap meals were chunky chicken and veg soup for two nights and a chop casserole that used two chops but gave us 6 serves. The recipe is coming soon.
* Dried a couple of loads of washing on the line just before a cold front came through Melbourne last Sunday. Throughout the week the only washing that went into the dryer was work uniforms that were needed the next day.
* Did the monthly grocery shopping and only spent $67 on bare essentials. The remaining $33 will be used to buy milk, fruit and veg for the next three weeks.