On Monday we had an extended family member move in with us to get their life back on track. We will be helping them with a budget and teaching them life skills.
We've had Luka stay with us a couple of times and he continues to bring great joy into our lives. He's a happy little man unless he's hungry. We hear lots of baby talk / gurgling from the loungeroom as he discovers his toes and the activity mat.
Here's what else we've been up to -
* Made up two bottles of diluted Dynamo laundry liquid.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* Mended a top where the seam had come apart
* Bought 5 x $2 tshirts for Darren from a clearance rack at Kmart. We cleared the rack of Darren's size.
* Megan picked up lots of sneakers in different sizes for Luka at $4 a pair from Kmart. Their original price was $20 a pair.. She'll be putting them away for future needs. Megan also picked up a few items of clothing for herself at heavily reduced prices.
* We had two unexpected visitors stay for dinner one night when we were finishing up the last of a pot of chunky chicken and veggie soup. I added enough water to make it stretch for the visitors. I find that homemade soup with soup mix in it really thickens up when refrigerated.
* Used the clothes horses over the ducted heating vents to dry our clothes.
* Picked rosemary from the garden to dry. I've placed it in a paper bag for protection from dust and hung it from a nail at the top of a bookcase. It should be ready to use in a few weeks. I've run out of rosemary completely and I'm determined to use what I have in the garden instead of buying more.
* Made potato cakes from leftover potato mash from dinner the night before. Jessica and I enjoyed the potato cakes for lunch the next day.
* Gratefully received two Summer dresses from Jessica when she was cleaning out her wardrobe.
* Tried out a new biscuit recipe. I doubled the ingredients and tweaked the recipe to make it my own. I've baked some of the biscuits and froze the rest of the dough.
|Rosemary from the garden|
|Potato cakes from leftover mash|
|A new recipe for biscuits|