Here's what else I got up to this week -
* Gratefully received extra cleaning work this week. Infact, it was decluttering and sorting out a client's linen cupboard, doing some washing and shopping for her due to illness.
* Wrote a menu plan for the next two weeks.
* Fed the compost bins with lots of kitchen scraps and paper packaging.
* Fed grass, bread crusts and weeds to the chicken to supplement their usual feed.
* Picked silverbeet as our green vegetable for a few meals.
* Bulk cooked spag bol sauce and stretched it out with grated carrot and silverbeet. It's been portioned into serves for 2 and 4. Some will be used for an upcoming short holiday to Ballarat with family.
* Made a trip to Hindustan Imports to stock up on herbs and spices. They are much cheaper than supermarkets.
* Dug into my glass jar collection and found 8 glass jars that matched and turned them into bulk herb jars for the pantry.
* Picked more rosemary from the garden to dry. The last bunch was blitzed in the coffee grinder to make rosemary powder. I'll gradually filling up the jar.
* This week's super cheap meals were fried rice and chunky chicken soup
* Made a trip to Savers with Megan and Luka to update Luka's wardrobe. We found lots of great clothes for him at bargain prices.
* Made lots of mini sausage rolls and froze them for a small gathering I'm having soon.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* Baked a whole orange cake and divided the batter into different sized cake tins. The smallest laf and mini cakes were frozen and one was iced and eaten during the week.
|Orange cakes in different sizes|
|Mini sausage rolls|
|Fresh bread and flowers.|