Here's our latest frugal list -
* Planted cuttings I took from plants I already have in the garden. I'm hoping with all this rain they'll take off.
* Mended a fitted sheet that keeps splitting on one corner.
* Darren continued to pick the beautiful pink roses from our garden every few days.
* Made lots of biscuit dough to freeze for snacks and present giving.
* Cleaned the kettle with citric acid.
* Made two reed diffusers with oils I was given to try.
* Made a couple of bottles of air fresheners to use in the bathrooms.
* Made a double batch of laundry powder.
* Picked lots of rosemary from the garden. I have it drying in a paper gift bag so it doesn't make a mess on the florr.
* Made an orange cake from frozen oranges bought during Winter at a cheap price. One cake was eaten fresh and the other went into the freezer. This cake defrosts really well and you can't tell it's been frozen.
* Made a jar of dried mixed herbs with the gifted herbs from a few weeks ago.
* Planted lots and lots of bean seeds, lettuce seedlings and the tomato seedling from my Dad. The abundance of rain we've had has helped the beans seeds to pop up out of the ground within a couple of days
* Picked silverbeet from the garden to bulk out a few meals including spag bol.
* Baked ANZACs for snacks. With our heavily reduced grocery budget, I'm baking more so I can take morning tea with me when I'm out cleaning. Before that I was taking muesli bars to eat.
* Hemmed a dress for Jessica so she could wear it to the races.
* Found a few brand new toys ( still in their boxes ) from a local op shop just near us. They were at bargain prices and have been put away for our next grandchild.
* Went through the present cupboard and allocated lots of goodies for next year's gift giving.
* Made a big batch of pita chips for savoury snacking.
* Cheap meals we ate this week were - fried rice, chicken soup and spag bol
|Orange cake for the freezer|
|Making mixed herbs|
|Bargain toiletries packaged up and ready to give|