Over the last few weeks I've been busy sorting out my newly acquired craft room. Over the last 20+ years craft supplies have been stored around our home in cupboards, wardrobes, behind couches and under beds. It's wonderful to have everything in one place. Last weekend I made a few cards with my card group during our online meeting. I've also started making things for presents and I have plans for stocking my blog shop with some Christmas goodies shortly.
Here's what else I've been up to this week -
* We ate freezer meals for dinner twice this week. I'm consciously trying to eat out of the freezer as much as possible to make room for our harvest of beans later in the year.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* Saved the shower warm up water and washing machine rinse water. This was all poured into the washing machine ready for the next wash day.
* Stocked up on some great specials at NQR. Lynx shower gel was for $2. It was on sale at Woolworths the same week for $4 and usually retails for $6. The shower gel will be stocking stuffers for Christmas. I also stocked up on Colgate tooth brushes 3 pack for $2. I now have enough for the both of us for the next 4 1/2 years. They also had Dove moisturising cream for $1 a tin. I think it was a 85% saving off the RRP. I'm planning on putting these in beauty hampers for birthdays and Christmas.
* Picked lots of snow peas and sugar snap peas. I'll admit I did eat them straight off the bush and a few made it into the kitchen to go with our dinners.
* Used recycled bread bags as bin liners for our bathroom bin.
* Made a reed diffuser for our bathroom
* Knitted another dishcloth.
* Scraped out the conditioner bottle to get every last drop. I scraped the contents into the new container.
* Made a few hanging tea towels. Some will be used in our kitchen and some will be either sold or given as presents. I'll have photos for you all next week.
* Made shortbread biscuits from scratch. We also enjoyed an orange cake from the freezer for our morning and afternoon teas.
* Picked a small bunch of daisies from the garden.
|Ready for afternoon tea|
|Homemade shortbread biscuits|
|Wholemeal bread with extra goodness|
|Flowers given to me|