Following on from last week's electricity savings tips, here are another 5. Some are so simple and easy you'll wonder why you hadn't thought of it before.
* Charge your mobile phone in the car while driving to and from work. If possible, charge it as work too.
* Try to time your shower during daylight hours ( if possible ). No need to turn the bathroom light on if there's enough light coming through the bathroom window.
* Ask for a better deal from your electricity supplier. This should be done once a year to make the most of the current deal being offered.
* When possible, try to squeeze in your housework and hobbies ( like crafting ) during the daytime. This can avoid lights being turned on. If you work and others are in the house during the day, ask them to run the vacuum around or to give the bathroom sinks a wipe. Another alternative is to do all your housework on your days off.
* Check that your outside porch lights haven't been left on by accident. We have quite a few neighbours in our street who have outside lights on ALL night. Usually they get turned off well into the day. If you are expecting someone to come home at a certain time at night, turn the porch light on 10 minutes before they arrive. Even better, get them to ring you when they are on their way home.