To be honest, I'm not sure where my week has gone. I worked a few days, have all my housework up to date and spent some time in the garden. I know I've been as thrifty as possible but maybe those tasks have become routine without really thinking about it.
Here is my smaller than usual list -
* Used a saved and recycled spray bottle to replace one I was using around our home for the cleaning spray I make up. I save all spray bottles we have and collect a few from cleaning jobs when the contents are used up. I just never know when I'll need a new one.
* Refilled my herb and spice jars from big packets I bought at Hindustan Imports at bargain prices.
* Darren picked one feijoa off the ground. We have two trees growing in our backyard. One was pruned last year so no fruit this year. The other tree gave us lots of little fruit last year. You can bet I savoured that one feijoa. I also picked silverbeet, lettuce, pears and raspberries from our garden.
* Baked three loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness. All crusts are saved in the freezer for when it's time to make dried bread crumbs.
* Made chunky chicken and veggie soup in the slow cooker while we were at church last Sunday. The soup was enough for two dinners and one lunch for the two of us. A super cheap meal.
* Saved water around the home when possible and used it to fill up the washing machine and watering cans outside.
* Donated a couple of bags of unwanted items to Savers. Gratefully received a 20% off discount coupon which I used straight away to buy some cutlery for Jessica. She was running low on forks. They just seem to magically disappear.
* Ate lots of leftover dinners from the freezer. This made it an easy week for meal prep.
|One of our garden beds|
|Darren and Luka feeding the chickens|
|Luka and Bryson - our little sweethearts|
|Poppy entertaining the boys|