Vinegar is SO cheap to buy and has SO many uses. Here are another 6 for you to try -
* When your washing machine starts to smell, clean all the filters and surfaces. Give the inside a good spray of vinegar, let it sit for 10 minutes then wipe down again. If in doubt about using vinegar in your washing machine please read in the instruction manual.
* Vinegar can be used to help remove rust from tools. Soak the tools in white vinegar for a couple of hours, rinse off and wipe dry.
* Keep your cut flowers fresh for longer by adding 2 tablespoons of white vinegar and 1 teaspoon of sugar to the water in the vase. Change the water every few days.
* Vinegar can be used to help relive itchiness from insects bites. Dab a little on the bite with a cotton ball / tissue every few hours.
* Fill up your dishwasher rinse aid compartment with white vinegar. This makes a very cheap and healthy alternative to the store bought varieties.
* Spray your smelly kitchen bins with vinegar and leave for 10 minutes. Wash as per usual and the smell should be gone. This is really handy for plastic bins that can absorb bad odours.