It's been another week in lockdown and boy, have we been busy. We are trying to make the most of the extra time at home knowing that when things open up, I'll be working again, shopping ( just a little bit ), visiting and going on small road trips.
This week I've spent some time at the sewing machine, tidied my craft room ( just a little ) and wiped out a few cupboards. It's Spring cleaning time after all and I'm trying to get different things cleaned each week before the Summer heat sets in.
Here's what we've been up to this week -
* Made and sold some face masks for people in Sydney and South Australia.
* Picked silverbeet, lettuce and broccoli from our garden.
* Made up a 2 litre bottle of Miracle Spray and sold it to a friend.
* Baked a batch of ANZAC biscuits using dough from the freezer. I bagged up some of the biscuits to add to my Dad's Fathers Day present that Darren dropped off on his doorstep. I also added a box of bread improver from my stockpile knowing Dad would use it to bake his bread. Dad rang later and was thrilled with the present. He was so low on bread improver and had no way of getting more due to the lockdown restrictions. God knew my Dad's need and prompted my heart to add the bread improver to the gift.
* Darren cooked 5 individual chicken and vegetable pies using 1/4 piece of bbq chicken leftover from Father's Day. The pies were delicious and the rest were frozen for future eating. I think Darren has his eye on one for the AFL Grand Final.
* Saved more Penstemon seeds by putting the seed head in a paper bag and giving it a good shake. I'll be planting the seeds in the next few days.
* Sold almost all of the apron cards to friends on FB. Thankyou for your support. It's helping us more than you'll ever know.
* Cooked up a big pot of spag bol sauce. I added TPV, silverbeet and carrots to stretch the meat. From 1 kilo of beef mince I got 20 serves of sauce. We had spag bol for dinner that night and the rest of the sauce was divided up into portions for two and frozen.
* Darren baked a batch of raspberry and white chocolate muffins for our morning teas. Some were kept in the pantry and the rest were frozen. By freezing most of them they don't have a chance of being wasted or spoiling.
* Cleaned the kettle with citric acid.
* Fed weeds, aphid infested kale and bread crusts to the chickens to supplement their feed.
* Made up 40 litres of laundry liquid using ingredients I had on hand. I'll be posting the recipe shortly.
* Darren emptied one of our compost bins and added it to one of our front yard garden beds. Darren has been pulling out old plants that had become overgrown. The soil is lacking in nutrients so the compost will be a welcome addition.
* I took cuttings from a few different plants in our garden. If they strike they'll be planted in the bare garden bed mentioned above.
|Raspberry and white chocolate muffins|
|Darren's chicken pie|
|Princess enjoying the sun|
|Melting soap for laundry liquid|
|Cards I've been selling|