It's been a busy week for both Darren and I. Darren had 2 training days plus his usual work at the hospital. I've had 3 days of cleaning work, kept our housework up to date and spent time in the garden weeding, pruning and planting a few flowers.
Here's what else we've been up to -
* Cleaned both of our large rubbish bins. I used 1 kettle of boiling water to loosen the gunk down the bottom and a couple of squirts of kitchen detergent. The outdoor cobweb broom is great to getting into all the corners. Once I scrubbed all the walls, I tipped everything out and used 2 large watering cans to rinse them out. Then I sprayed disinfectant inside and left them to dry in the sun. Usually I use the hose and much more water. The watering cans worked so well and no yucky water splashed on me.
* Picked raspberries, blackberries, beans and tomatoes from our garden.
* I helped cater for a surprise afternoon tea for my Mum. I baked a chocolate brownie, ANZACS, Hoovers Doovers and made up curried egg and lettuce sandwiches. I had everything already on hand except bread for the Hoovers Doovers. Store bought bread works better.
* Collected an egg almost every day.
* Refilled the shampoo and conditioner bottles in the shower. I also diluted them by about 30% and scraped out the old bottles..
* Bought dishwashing liquid in a bulk 3 litre container for $4.99 from Aldi. It's more concentrated than the cheap Aldi dishwashing liquid I buy so it should last a lot longer.
* For Valentines Day I cooked a dinner of salmon, mashed potatoes, broccoli and and beans. The veggies came from our garden. We went to the movies that night to see Titanic in 3D and used a gift voucher for the tickets. We bought water and snacks from home and just bought an icecream each.
* Kept the curtains closed all day when it was hot outside. I didn't need to turn the cooling on until mid to late afternoon.
* Bought a craft paper roll from Savers for $4.99. There was a 30m roll of paper included. I'll be using this as wrapping paper.
* Watered some of our garden with saved water from the kitchen sink.
* Framed a rose I kept and dried from Dad's funeral last year. The green mat in the frame came from my cardmaking supplies.
|ANZAC biscuits - a family favourite.|
|Craft paper and holder bargain|
|The tomatoes are finally ripening|
|A flower from Dad's funeral|