This week has flown by and I sometimes wonder what I did with my time. In my spare time I'm tending to our veggie garden as needed. A little weeding here and there, tying up plants, watering and sowing where seeds haven't popped up. Our Summer has been a mild one and everything is struggling to grow. Still, we are grateful for the blessing our garden is to us.
Here's what I got up to -
* Fed the compost bin with kitchen scraps and ripped up paper.
* Made a double batch of raspberry and white chocolate muffins to sell to a friend. The batch made a few extra so they became our morning teas for a few days.
* Donated a couple of bags of goodies to Savers and received another 2 x 20% off discount vouchers. I have a few months to use them so I'll be on the lookout for material I can use in my crafts.
* Saved the shower warm up water and washing machine rinse water and poured it all back into the washing machine.
* Used a bucket in the sink to save more water and used it to water a few pot plants.
* Used the solar lanterns each night instead of turning on a lamp in the loungeroom.
* Made 3 loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* Reused plastic shopping bags ( given to us ) a few times over then they became bin liners.
* Upcycled a couple of picture frames using paint I already had.
* Used the coffee grinder to blitz up all the rosemary leaves I've been drying for weeks. Blitzing it into powder makes it easier to stick to potatoes before roasting.
* Painted a cheap tray from the op shop and lined it with contact paper on clearance in Kmart.
* Picked raspberries, beans, a few tomatoes and cucumbers from our garden.
* Cooked all meals from scratch using what we had on hand. Even the tiniest bit of leftovers were eaten as lunch the next day on toast.
* I found new to us dessert bowls at Savers op shop. They were $3.99 for 4 bowls less 20%. I was able to buy a total of 8 for $6.38 or 79 cents each. They are current stock in Provincial Home Living ( fancy, expensive homewares store ) and sell for $13.95 each. I think I go the bargain of the year. They look like they've only been used once so maybe someone bought them to use at Christmas and didn't like them afterwards.
|Our solar lanterns|
|Op shop picture frames before painting|
|Newly painted frames|
|Painted and decorated tray|
|My op shop bargain 79 cents each.|